Window cleaning is not a fun chore, but with our help and professional window cleaning you can have clean windows year-round! Cleaning your windows yourself can be a decent way to save money but professional cleaning from Arizona Window Washers will give you a long lasting clean at an affordable price so you don’t have to try out a bunch of window cleaning “life hacks” or deal with ladders, gimmicks, or cleaners.
However, if you’d like to try some window cleaning tips for your home we’ll give you some. If you don’t like these you can always have us professionally clean indoor and outdoor windows for a clean that lasts up to 6 months!
Window Cleaning Tips
- Martha Stewart gives a detailed How-To for cleaning windows involving squeegees, sponges, brushes, lint-free cloths, white vinegar, contaminated cleaner, and more. If you have plenty of time and want a clean that would follow a similar process that a professional cleaner would use, check it out. However, this will not provide the 6-month grime repellant so it may need to be done fairly often. You can also find tips and tutorials claiming professional-quality cleaning. The downside to this is you have to do it all and supply yourself with all the tools.
- Use whatever method you’re currently using (paper towels, cloths, etc) with a homemade cleaners! Combine 2 tbsp of ammonia or white vinegar and 2 qts of warm water. You can also try ½ cup ammonia with a pint of 70% rubbing alcohol and 1tsp of liquid dish detergent, place in a gallon container and fill with water. Another effective option is 1 tbsp dishwashing liquid and 1 qt water. Another site claims 2 cups of water plus ¼ cup white vinegar and ½ tsp of dish detergent works wonders.
- Try using an old t-shirt or sock to clean windows. They leave very little lint!
- “Hard” paper towels do better than soft ones—less lint.
- Here’s one everyone has heard of: newspaper. Find some packing newspaper (no print) for a streak free shine. This one’s floated around the internet for years!
- Avoid cleaning windows in direct sunlight: direct sunlight can dry the cleaner before you can remove it, causing streaks!
- Rinse outside windows with clean water before applying cleaner. This leads to less cleaner being used and the cleaner is more effective.
- Window washing squeegees can reduce streaks more than paper towels, newspaper, or cloth if you get the right one.
- To repel dirt you can apply floor wax to your windows. This will work in a similar way to our wax additive but the application can be tricky and messy.
You can try out these tricks on your own or you can skip all of the trial and error, measuring, and equipment purchasing having Arizona Window Washers wash your windows for you. Every window washing includes our wax additive to repel dirt and grime for up to 6 months. So save yourself some time and money and hire the professionals a couple times a year instead of trying everything you see on Pinterest or home improvement websites.
Related Topics about Window Cleaning:
Windows Cleaning Service
Window Glass Cleaning Tips
Residential Window Washers
Window Cleaning Equipment
Window Washing Companies