When was the last time you had your window freshly cleaned? Did you love that satisfying and almost therapeutic feeling you felt when you stared at it? Cleaning your window properly can give it that sparkling, crystal clear view, making it look like it’s almost invisible. A clean window can make your home feel neat and comfortable.
However, window cleaning is quite a hassle. As a busy homeowner, chances are that you won’t have time for home chores, including cleaning your windows. There’s no need to worry, you’re not alone! Cleaning windows can be a time-consuming and tedious task, especially if you don’t have the right tools or materials.
Having this in mind, let’s show you some simple and practical window cleaning hacks that will save you time and keep your windows sparkling.
What Tools and Materials Do You Need for Efficient Window Cleaning?
As a busy homeowner, your time is precious. Therefore, choosing the right tools for the job is a necessity. Let’s quickly show you the tools and materials you need to keep your windows crystal clear. Here are some of them:
- Newspaper or microfiber clothes: These tools are essential for wiping away dirt and grime from your windows without leaving streaks.
- Window cleaning solutions: You can use eco-friendly cleaning solutions bought from a store or make your own using water, vinegar, and dish soap.
- Bucket: Your bucket will come in handy for this task. Use it to hold your cleaning solution and water.
- Scrubber: Pick up your scrubber or buy one if you don’t have one. You can say goodbye to those stubborn specks of dirt and stains that make your window blurry with this tool.
Use eco-friendly window cleaning solutions
Your health should be your priority. Ensure you use cleaning products made from environmentally friendly and non-toxic ingredients. This will ensure your safety while cleaning your window. Here are some common eco-friendly window cleaning solutions and how to use them:
- Vinegar Solution: A vinegar solution is a great natural cleaning agent that you can use to clean your windows. To make this solution, mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Then spray this solution on your windows and wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Lemon Juice Solution: Lemon juice is a natural acid that can help you to remove dirt and grime from windows. To make this solution, mix your lemon juice with water and spray it on your windows. Then wipe your windows with a clean cloth to remove the dirt.
- Baking Soda Solution: Baking soda is a versatile cleaning agent that can be used for a variety of cleaning tasks, including cleaning your window. To make this solution, mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with a gallon of warm water. Then dip a clean cloth in the solution and wipe your windows.
- Cornstarch Solution: Cornstarch can also be used to clean your windows and leave them streak-free. To make this solution, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a gallon of warm water. Then dip a clean cloth in the solution and clean your windows.
Common Hacks for Efficient Window Cleaning
Now that you have the right tools, let’s show you some hacks to get your windows sparkling and clean in no time.
Case in point:
1. Use a newspaper or microfiber cloth instead
Don’t make the mistake of using paper towels. They can leave tiny bits of tissue behind when used on a glass. Use newspapers or microfiber cloth instead. They are great for cleaning windows quickly without leaving streaks.
Now put your vinegar solution in a plastic spray bottle. Spray this solution directly onto your window surface and use your newspaper to clean the glass carefully. Once the glass is spotless, use dry newspaper to soak up the liquid and buff it. A microfiber cloth is soft enough to prevent damage if a newspaper isn’t available.
2. Clean your windows on a cloudy day
Cleaning your window on a sunny day is a rookie error. Direct sunlight can cause your cleaning solution to dry too quickly and leave behind streaks on your windows. This can be time-wasting and in the end, ruin all your hard work. Always clean your windows on a cloudy day when the temperature is mild to be effective and avoid this issue.
3. Use a scrubber for tough stains
Tough stains on your window exterior like hard water stains can be frustrating and time-consuming. Hard water is water with a high concentration of minerals like magnesium and calcium. They leave behind white, splotchy stains that tarnish the shine of your glass.
If you have stubborn stains like this on your windows, use a scrubber to remove them. Dip the scrubber in your cleaning solution, scrub the stained area, and then wipe it off with a newspaper or microfiber cloth.
4. Clean window frames and sills
It’s very easy to focus on cleaning your window glass and forget its frame and sill.
Your window frames and sills are part of what enhances the beauty of your windows. You should take care of them.
Use a mild scouring pad, water, and dish liquid to scrub the dirt from your windowsill. You can add some baking soda to the mix and scrub gently to get rid of stains. If you have an old toothbrush, dip it in soapy water to clean your window tracks. After this, ensure you rinse with warm water and dry your window sill with a clean cloth.
Maintenance Tips to Keep Your Windows Clean
Keeping your windows clean not only improves the overall look of your home but also enhances your window longevity. Let’s show you some tips to maintain your window’s sparkle:
- Regular Cleaning: Cleaning your windows regularly is important to maintain their appearance and prevent dirt from building up. You can use a soft cloth or newspapers with a cleaning solution to clean your windows.
- Clean spills and stains Immediately: If you spill anything on your windows, clean it up immediately to prevent it from getting stuck and staining your glass.
- Hire a professional window cleaning service: It’s safer and timesaving to hire a professional to clean your windows. They know how best to clean any type of window and also help you avoid the risks associated with working at heights. You can schedule a quarterly routine clean to maintain your window’s sparkle.
Few Words from Arizona Window Washers
Statistics show that the average hourly earnings for all employees in the United States are $10.97. If you spend time cleaning your windows, you’ll be losing the same amount of money for every hour you spend. To save time, effort, and potentially money in the long run, it’s wise to hire a professional window cleaner who can maintain a clean window for you.
Here in Arizona, Arizona window washers are the best choice for you. We have trained window cleaners who are properly equipped with the technical know-how to restore your window’s shine. We also observe every window safety precaution. You don’t have to worry about the potential risks associated with climbing ladders or working at heights. We take pride in exceeding our customer’s expectations at an affordable rate. Reach out to us.