This time of the year means one thing to many people or should we say, kids? And that is Graduation. That’s what it means. Are your kids involved? What special plans have you made to help them remember one of the most important milestones in their lives? They’ve made you proud, haven’t they? Then show them that. Throwing a small party in their honor is one of the best gestures you can show them.
So you’ve got many things if not all in order for the party, but what about your windows? For such an occasion, you’ll want to ensure your windows are looking their best. We’ve stressed in many previous articles how important it is for your windows to look clean every day. A small party is one of those times it’s very necessary to have clean windows.
Dirty windows will make your invitees very uncomfortable with their stay and I’ll be a miracle if they stay long at the party you’ve set up for your children. Moreover, it makes your enough sunlight come into your home for your home is bright and inviting to your guest. This just a few of the reasons you should clean your windows before the party.
Don’t feel like doing it yourself? Then you can hire a reputable window cleaning company like Arizona Window Washers to do the cleaning for you. If you still don’t feel like it, then there’s no way but you do it yourself. We have a few tips to help you clean the windows easily.
Tips for clean windows
- Use any of paper towels, cloths, lint-free materials etc with homemade cleaners! Combine 2 tbsp of ammonia or white vinegar and 2 qt of warm water. You can also try ½ cup ammonia with a pint of 70% rubbing alcohol and 1tsp of liquid dish detergent, place in a gallon container and fill with water. Another effective option is 1 tbsp dishwashing liquid and 1 qt water. Another site claims 2 cups of water plus ¼ cup white vinegar and ½ tsp of dish detergent works wonders.
- Try using an old t-shirt or sock to clean windows. They leave very little lint!
- ‘Hard’ paper towels do better than soft ones—less lint.
- Here’s one everyone has heard of: newspaper. Find some packing newspaper (no print) for a streak-free shine. This one’s floated around the internet for years!
- Avoid cleaning windows in direct sunlight: direct sunlight can dry the cleaner before you can remove it, causing streaks!
- Rinse outside windows with clean water before applying the cleaner. This leads to less cleaner being used and the cleaner is more effective.
- Window washing squeegees can reduce streaks more than paper towels, newspaper, or cloth if you get the right one.
- To repel dirt you can apply floor wax to your windows. This will work in a similar way to our wax additive but the application can be tricky and messy.
These tips should help you take care of your windows in preparation for your kid’s memorable day. On this note, we’ll end it here by saying a big congratulations to your kids. The sky is their starting point!
Comments are closed.